The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) regulation is included in Act 4 of 2013. Data protection legislation is needed because new technology and globalisation have profoundly changed the way data is collected and used.
Some estimates of the generation of data are staggering.
On successful completion of the training, you will be aware of:
- The purpose and scope of POPI
- The difference between personal data and sensitive personal data
- How the POPI protects personal data
- The role of the Information Officer
- The 8 principles for storing and processing personal data
Your understanding will be challenged after each lesson through an interactive quiz looking to test your understanding of the topic presented.
Online course content is supplied.
Achievement of an online certificate for successfully completing the course.